The following new client questionnaires give you an idea of the basic information we need to know to best serve you.
There may or may not be additional documentation required later on.
But it's easier than you think to get
the process started.
- Name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and social security number for husband, wife and each child.
- Date and place of marriage.
- How will major decisions affecting the minor children be made?
- Who will the children reside with?
- Certified copies of any Family Court Orders.
- Health insurance information.
Depending on what you and your spouse have agreed to, you may need an additional written agreement for the following issues:
- When will the other parent spend time with the children?
- Child support – how much, when will it be paid, and what is included? Most courts require a written agreement resolving child support.
- How will marital assets and debts be divided?
- Spousal support – how much, when will it be paid, and for how long?
- Federal tax returns, including W-2s, 1099s & attached Schedules.
- 2 pay stubs (most recent).
- Mortgage and line of credit statements (most recent).
- Bank account statements (individual and joint, most recent).
- Retirement account statements from all plans (most recent), including pensions, IRAs, 401(k)s, 457s, and annuities.
- Credit card and loan statements (individual and joint, most recent).
- Health insurance cards from each plan (hospital, dental, prescription, etc).
- Life insurance policy‘s declaration of coverage page.
- Certified copies of any family court orders.
- And most importantly, a willingness to try to reach a fair settlement.